MPsych (Clin), BPsych (Hons)
Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist
Perth Western Australia
Jeannie is a Clinical Psychologist and Gestalt psychotherapist with many years experience delivering psychological services to adults (from 17 years of age). She is warm and empathic, working collaboratively with each client to help gain insight, explore current barriers, and identify individual strengths to assist the healing process and work towards leading a meaningful life.
Her areas of interest and experience include:
- Depression (including peri-natal depression and other mood disorders)
- Anxiety disorders (generalised anxiety, panic, social anxiety, phobias, peri-natal anxiety)
- Trauma (including post traumatic stress disorder- PTSD)
- Alcohol and substance misuse and addiction
- Eating Disorders (Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Orthorexia)
- Disordered Eating (Emotional/Comfort Eating, Obesity etc.)
- Body Image
- Suicidal ideation and self-harm
- Sleep difficulties and insomnia
- Chronic pain
- Internet pornography
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Family of origin issues
- Grief and loss
- Older adults - depression and anxiety
- Interpersonal problems; as well as
- Social skills training for assertiveness, decision-making and goal setting.
Treatment is tailored to each individual person using strategies from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Gestalt Psychotherapy, Schema Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Solution-focused Brief Therapy. Treatment is underpinned by the principles of Gestalt psychotherapy, which include self-awareness and self-support to encourage better understanding and personal growth.
Jeannie's background includes working with groups and individuals with alcohol and substance abuse and accompanying mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and trauma. She has co-facilitated groups for women experiencing peri-natal depression and anxiety, and has also worked with family members of those experiencing mental illness, to both assist them with their own wellbeing and to help them with their loved one.
Jeannie has written the following articles:
Jeannie is a member of:
- Australian Psychological Society (APS; Assoc MAPS)
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
You do not need a referral to see Jeannie. However, Medicare rebates are available with a GP referral. Private health insurance rebates apply without a GP referral. (Please check with your insurance provider).
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact Jeannie directly on:
M: 0406 033 644 Email: email@example.com
Mt Lawley Counselling Centre
13 Alvan Street
Mt Lawley WA 6050